Friday, June 29, 2007

So many pictures! June 28, 2007




Puppy Run #3 of the day!

Cool things on trees.


Bugs, and my Gracie dog.




"Daddy, whatrya doing?"

MORE BUGS!!!!!


Today we did my favorite thing: walked, and walked, and walked. I started the morning with about a 2 mile puppy run. Then we went into town for a bit, then hit a trailhead in Hiawatha National Forest and walked some more. Then tonight, after making a fire and eating dinner, we went for another walk. I had the chance while walking to explain to the girls the difference between deciduous and coniferous trees, looked at various fungi and found more bugs. The woods beyond the cabin is a living science class.



I also became depressed tonight at the thought of leaving here shortly. As it turns out, we do have the cabin until Sunday morning as I thought originally. That helped my mood a bit tonight. And knowing that I’ll be back here in a few months helps too.



Today, in town, the thermometer on the bank said 53 degrees! It’s wonderfully cool here now. We spent time around the campfire tonight eating marshmallows. Time seems bigger here. Lots of things seem bigger here.



Tomorrow, we’re going back to Newberry through Seney National Wildlife Refuge. We’re going to attempt to find the Shaw kennel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!