Monday, September 24, 2007

Defragging in Worcester

After a very long day filled with lingo like "gaba agonist" and "dopamine receptors," I took a much-needed jog around downtown Worcester, home of U Mass Medical School who is hosting the training I'm here for. History seems to be etched in every corner of this place. Alley ways opened by giant wooden doors, revealing what I expected would be cobblestone streets and, at any second, a gallant Paul Revere would come galloping through the alleyway shouting "The British are coming!" It is beautiful here, full of Ivy-league educationals seeking truth through science, rich with history; indeed, it is the oldest part of our (still young) country....but I wouldn't want to live here.

The most pleasant thing about this trip so far is being able to come back to my room, take a hot bath, and relax alone with only myself to care for. Everyone should take some time to recharge and sit in solitude. I have not had the chance to do that for any significant amount of time for a long, long time. This hotel is nothing spectacular, and as far as I'm concerned, you could put me in a box. As long as I had a pillow to sleep on and some much-needed quiet time, I'd be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!