Sunday, February 4, 2007

Saturday, February 3, 2007: sweet girl


Foxy, our oldest Alaskan Husky, has been having some real pain in her right hip since the weather has been so cold. I think it's time to hang up her harness. But that doesn't mean she'll be without a job or purpose or exercise: try outs for Pet Partners hospital program for rehabilitation/visitation dogs are March 12 and 14th. Guess who's trying out? My sweet girl, Foxy dawg.
She goes with me every where I'm allowed to take her. Today she and I ran Sophie up to cheerleading, and then took a very brisk 5 degree jaunt through the woods. Then she rode with me up to the car wash and bank. I've been taking her into pet stores that allow dogs inside to acclimate her to being inside with commotion, and we've got "sit", "stay", "come" and "leave it" down pat. Now we're working hard on "down." She's having a harder time with that one.
She is such a good girl. She loves me and our family so much. She's always right by my side. And I love her so much. I never thought I could become so attached to an "adopted" dog so quickly. It's really as if she's filled the part of my heart that was grieving Kahlua's death. She's a lot like Kahlua: very loyal, always by my side, very calm and gentle. She would be a great therapy dog because she loves simply being with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!