Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Oxford town, Oxford town, don't go down to Oxford town...."

I found a Target yesterday and walked around for about an hour inside. It's amazing and I'm slightly embarrassed to admit how comforting these silly familiarities are when you're alone in a strange (and fairly large) city.

When I got back to the hotel, I had a glass of Riesling with a grilled veggie sandwich and sat at the bar for a couple hours. One beer followed another, and before I knew it, I was quite tipsy. There are advantages to traveling alone. Anonymity is one, being able to go back to my room and pass out at 9:30 another. :-) Being able to peruse the isles of Target undisturbed without anyone rushing me to leave or clamoring for something is yet another.

I am ready to go home now. This is a nice place to visit but I would never want to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!