Monday, December 8, 2008

Punderson State Park


taking a curve in stride

The weather has been perfect for mushing. We received five inches of snow in the snow belt the night before last, so yesterday, I spent the afternoon on the runners with the dogs at Punderson State Park. Punderson is the only state park in Ohio (that I know of anyway) that has a designated "Musher Trail."



The trail leaves a bit to be desired, in my opinion. It's only 1.2 miles long! Which would be great if we were sprint racers. But we need miles. It's pretty and challenging with a curvy hill right down and a curvy hill right up; at the bottom of the hill is a lake, so you better make that turn at the bottom! But without the mileage, wasn't worth the hour long drive from my house

I'll stick to the pretty bridle trail at West Branch State Park. Not only is it closer, I can gain some miles there.

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!