Sunday, January 7, 2007

Still haven't found what I'm looking for

So, after my wonderful seventeen day break, my bliss will be rudely interrupted tomorrow when I return to work, starting a new job at Akron General. And of course, I get my period. What lovely timing, ending my relaxing sleep-late-everyday-no-schedule bliss not only with the anxiety of starting a new job, but cramps as well. Lucky me.

As I went through boxes of stuff I'd haphazardly thrown together from my previous job tonight, I realized how much resentment I still harbor within myself about certain people and that organization that turned its back on me. It felt really good -- cathartic -- to throw so many things away from that old job. I don't want to look behind or go back.

Awhile back, I prayed for God to take from me anything that was hindering my growth and making me unhappy. Shortly after that, I learned my job was not refunded. God delivered. I know that I'm moving in the direction I need to.

I still continue to pray that those things that stand in the way of my own growth will step aside, though. Like U2, I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Will I ever?

With periods come the painful broding that goes along with hormonal shift. Ick. Time to hang it up, stop my mind from thinking too deeply tonight and shut down!

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!