Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summertime...

"Summertime and the livin' is easy. The fish are jumping now, and the cotton is high....One of these mornings, you're gonna rise up singing. Hush, baby, don't you cry."

I don't know who said summertime is easy! We've been so busy, I can't even keep up!

First, it's official: the Lazy Husky Ranch is officially a kennel, proper. We received our kennel license in the mail last week. To celebrate, I ordered vaccines for all the dogs tonight online. We're trying to think of a name for our "kennel" now because the Lazy Husky Ranch just doesn't seem to have much of a competitve sounding edge for a sleddog kennel! :-)

In other news, Chris played at the barn jam recently, the only place he's played for awhile. It felt really good for him to play -- so good, he played and played and played. When I see him play, I remember why I fell in love with him. It was nice watching him, and the kids had a great time. Here are some pictures from the show.

Elise got to play drums for the first time in her cognizant life. She had a great time. Click here to see a video of her playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfJAevh5A2c

We also recently took the dogs to a new place nearby called Bow Wow Beach, a little fenced in lake dedicated solely to dogs. They had a blast! Summit County is so fortunate to have a great place like this. Check out the pics.
In other news, we're preparing more and more for upcoming training season. I am so excited, I can't stop thinking about the upcoming winter. I will make the trek up to the Upper Peninsula this October for Nature's Kennel's annual "So Mush Fun" weekend October 12-14 and will bring home another Shaw dog. She will join our team for the Tahquanmenon Falls Sleddog race and Jack Pine 30 this winter.
So much going on, I had to regretably discontinue donating free grooming and such to Heaven Can Wait rescue. I've donated hundreds of dollars in supplies and grooming to that organization over the last year. Unfortunately, Heather Nagel didn't take the news too well. She writes to me (spelling and grammatical errors intact):
"I do have a handful of attorneys at my diposal and if I find out from any source at any moment that you are slandering Heaven Can Wait or myself, I will take legal action. You will LOSE anything you have or ever will have and will regret opening your uneducated unstable mouth."
And her mother, Pat, writes to me: "I do believe you have a serious jealousy issue with Heaven Can Wait, Heather and I. I don't think you have it in you to even comprehend compassion and caring. That may be one reason you are so hostle. Are you jealous that Heather is going into the real estate business? Not everyone is real estate savy, and just because you are not, do not be angry at those who are.
"Shannon, I am sorry you have done nothing with your life. You are miserable, and it shows."
Wow. I guess their compassion doesn't extend to humans.
Stay tuned for more news from the Lazy Husky Ranch soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!