Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quiet

"...just learn to be quiet, still and solitary./And the world will freely offer itself to you unmasked./It has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet."

Every spring, when the world is coming alive after a long winter, somehow I grow quiet. I become restless for movement, not speech. I long to retreat into each new blade of grass, fold over into each rolling wave on the lake. I am intolerant of too much social interaction at this time more than any other.

Hence, my absence from this blog - and practically all things that involve sitting at a computer. I have been busy breathing in life: I've planted three trays of seedlings so far, and they are sprouting in all their new green glory: tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, peppers, herbs - all a future bounty. Planting seeds is like planting hope. And the dogs are lapping up sunshine as well as water.

Instead of the world, I'll take a puppy rolling in ecstasy at my feet!


Crouching tiger, hidden Lucy

I've been spending lots of time on puppy runs with the dogs.


“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” J.R.R. Tolkien

The puppies are learning so much. I love watching them blossom.


Lucy and her brother, Kerouac in all their orneriness

Lucy is turning into a fearless little husky. She bounds around every corner, excited for every adventure.



Then as puppies are wont to do, they flop down, aching for sleep.


Kerouac decided the laundry basket was a good place to nap!

Here's a video I made of the puppies, along with a puppy reunion we had with Bolt, who is now called Tempest.

Enjoy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!