Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some scenes from the Hessler Street Fair this past weekend

Elise in the Hessler Street Fair bus

Dancers center-stage in the drum circle at Harmony Park

My daughter, Elise, joining the drum circle :)



Face painting at the fair
The end result: butterfly face!


Friends: Stephanie Urban's beautiful son, Finn, and his daddy, Eric at the Hessler Street Fair
I was super happy to see my friend Stephanie Urban had a table set up at the fair with her amazing art for sale. I met Stephanie several years ago when we both worked at the same magazine/communications firm in North Olmsted. She was the graphic designer for several pubs at the company - and was amazing. About a year and a half ago, she launched out on her own as a freelance artist when her first daughter, Kaia, was diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. You can find her blog - and Kaia's story - here.

Stephanie's art is made from repurposed fabric. It's unlike anything I've ever seen - so creative and colorful. Please check out her art here.
My daughter, Elise, and Stephanie at the Hessler Street Fair

My 12 year old daughter, Sophie, who is somewhat of an artist herself, had fun making sidewalk art


More fun at the drum circle

Hessler is such a peaceful gathering of art, artists and music. I look forward to it every year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!