Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 26, 2007






June 26, 2007

We came this far north to escape the heat, and what did we find but heat! It was 87 degrees today again, but it was humid, the very thing I hate. We escaped by going into town for lunch at the Fallen Rock, the cutest little coffee shop/used bookstore in downtown Munising. The Fallen Rock has free WiFi, so Chris could check his work e-mail (you can take the boy out of the city, but you can’t take the city out of the boy) and I can post these pictures on my blog. I had another pastie (pronounced PASS-ty), yum, and then we cooled off by swimming in Lake Superior with the dogs!

We came home and made more whitefish over an open fire, by far my favorite. And had more wine and a nice cold Molson, and toasted marshmallows when it cooled down.

Bug update: Chris is nursing about 20 bites from various insects, mostly black flies, and he pulled a wood tic off his leg yesterday; Elise has about 8 bites just on the back of her neck, Sophie has about 5 bites, and we pulled four wood tics off the dogs today and they have tiny deer tic bites on their bellies. But, as for me? I have a total of two bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!