Thursday, June 28, 2007

June 28 -- Notes from the North Country







We're in the Falling Rock cafe again, our little home away from home. They have a cute little kids' area here with all sorts of toys stacked inside an old non-working refrigerator and a table on top of an old claw foot tub for playing checkers, etc. The kids love it here, and they have great cappuccinos and pasties, and wireless. It's a nice break for all of us.

It's bright and beautiful, but windy and chilly today, about 73 degrees. Near the lake, that feels more like 63. We're all wearing sweatshirts.

I am making the trek into the Munising Memorial Hospital today to follow up on the resume I had sent them a couple weeks ago. Then, we plan on finding a trailhead and going for a long hike. I took the dogs on a long puppy run down the snowmobile trail by our cabin this morning. I am sad at the growing reality of our departure coming up in a couple days; I could seriously stay here forever.

There is a bird here that I used to hear a lot out in Wyoming and Idaho. It sounds like a wind up toy. I wish I knew what it was. I'm also surprised at the amount of aspen trees here.

We will return on Monday. Chris leaves for Chicago on July 16 - 18. So we're no longer home, than he leaves again. But soon enough, I will be the one traveling. I think so much about winter, and am so excited about this coming winter. We're stopping at the Shaw kennel tomorrow, and I'd really like to find a good female gee/haw leader who's intact. Yeah, right. What's the likelihood of that happening!

No new pictures at the present time, so I've posted more from yesterday. Will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!