Monday, May 18, 2009

Mind like a lake



It is the perfect time of day, when everything is golden in the waning hours of sunlight.


"Cove"


I find peace listening to the fish jump; with their splash-landing in the water, the concerns of the day dissipate.



The birds sing their evening song and the waves splash the hull as I paddle, watching the setting sun.



Sometimes I paddle with my eyes closed; deprived of this sense, my other senses cue in, become more alert. I’m rocking with the waves and the paddling, lulled in the slow and easy cradle of the lake. It’s like my lake. I’ve grown up on this water.



I am so drawn to water.



It’s reflective, shimmering streams of light bounce from wave to wave. I am drawn to the movement of water – ever changing, always in motion. I am attracted to its delicate nature, how even the tiniest movement sends a ripple moving across.




Tonight, like my cares, the ripples slowly fade until the water is a clean sheet of dark glass. And so is my mind.


"Fog" - one of the best photos I've ever taken. Fog rising off the lake around 9:30 p.m. The light in the corner is from a couple people fishing with a Coleman lantern. My shutter was open for about 12 seconds for this shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!