Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Christmas in June

Today was the day: Gwennie finally arrived all the way from Montana! It was like Christmas in June for me, I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. She has been living with Dr. Tim Hunt in Marquette, Michigan for the last three weeks since Jason Barron dropped her off there at the end of May. And I had been trying to figure out a way to get all the way up to Marquette in a weekend without killing myself.

After some plans falling through, Tim wrote to me a week ago saying we had a definite plan. His wife, Mary, was coming down to Lansing to pick up a stove and could meet me there with Gwennie!


Gwennie says goodbye to surrogate mom, Mary, in Lansing

After a quick 15 minute chat and exchange of paperwork, Gwennie nervously got into my truck and we headed back down south.



She is very shy and nervous, but adjusting and eating well. I have super high hopes for her, and know she is going to be an excellent addition to this upcoming season.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't she lovely?!

    What a tender photo of her saying goodbye. Must have been hard for both of them. So glad to hear she's eating well.

    What is it about your blog that touches me so deeply. At least half the time I get all weepy seeing your dogs and kids and reading your wonderful prose.

    Please let me know if you're ever in Minnesota -- sure would like to meet in person! And I promise not to blubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathleen! I would love to come to Minnesota and meet you! You are too kind :-) No crying now! Chin up...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!