Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cuyahoga Valley Vagabonds



In the hills and valleys between Akron and Cleveland, the Cuyahoga River meanders through heavily forested land. Dense with hemlock, beaver, and deer, the marshy area is home to the only national park in Ohio. Once Elk roamed the 51 square miles of Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and some say the Huron, Ottawa and Erie tribes fought over this land before the British and French took over in the 1700s.

Rich with history, thriving with wildlife and plentiful with photo opportunities, Elise and I took advantage of the unseasonably warm 70ish temps today to venture into the Cuyahoga Valley, along with a coupla mutts.


Karma couldn't resist splashing in Indigo Lake after a hot hike



Neither could Elise, although more modestly.



This day was bittersweet for me because this ends almost two years of being self-employed. Tomorrow, I start a new job - one that I am excited about. However, I will miss the time I've gotten to spend with my pooches and my kiddos.



So, today, we look out over the horizon at things yet to come.



And we look, thankful for today, and hopeful for what tomorrow might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!