Thursday, April 23, 2009

A night out



There's never a day when I don't look forward to coming home to my pack. Even on the coldest, rainiest, snowiest or gloomiest of days, they always greet me with a smile and a wag, and I'm always happy to see them. They are my therapy. They ground me with their affection, humor me with their silly antics and accept me for exactly who I am, however I present.

There're not a lot of people I can say that about.

But one person I can say that about is Sophie. My "Sophie Queen."

Sophie and I went to the "big city" two nights ago to see one of our favorite female musicians, Neko Case.


Neko belts it out on a tour in support of her new album, Middle Cyclone, at the Playhouse Theater in Cleveland on April 21

This was Sophie's first "real" concert. Aside from seeing George Clinton and the Funkadelic in a camping/outdoor concert last July and The Cheetah Girls. :-)

The Neko show gave me an opportunity to practice my low-light photo skills, despite the rule of "no cameras" in the theater. hehe!

Here are some of my favorites:

Sound check


With guitarist Paul Rigby performing title track from Middle Cyclone


Performing "I Wish I Was the Moon" with a stunning backdrop


Pedal steel guitarist, Jon Rauhouse


The romantic ambiance of the Playhouse's Allen Theater set the perfect mood for the music

Stay tuned for a big announcement coming up for the Lazy Husky Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!