Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cool days :-)





There's nothing like a good fall run to put things back into perspective and make me feel myself again. It's sad how one dog in heat can ruin dreams! :-) Up front in these pictures are Mandy and our new dog, Brie with Jack taking up the rear in wheel.
When I was done running, I took some time to wander around Mogadore Reservoir with Foxy and play with my camera. What colors! I feel the need to repost a poem I wrote years ago, in the fall of 1994:
The Progression of Autumnal Equinox
It is the "x" that stands out, as sure and spirited
as a red-tailed hawk. It is horse riding in
October, the strong animal full-throttle between
the legs of a Libra. It is crow-call and hardening
Earth; it is the last refrain before a flush of
tired leaves give in to their vivid death.
It is roaming into obscure places to meet
Eve of All Hallow. It is tires kicking up leaves,
and smiling silently at their weightless succession
as they fall and scatter behind a girl in a black car.
It is the smell of wood burning stoves
filling noses cold from the days that chill,
that chill. It is an amber hue that glorifies death,
and covers the hills that surround my home.
It is an ancient Celtic whim,
an impetuousness that lands in a series of words
in three stanzas.

October, 1994
Shannon (Mugrage) Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!