Friday, November 9, 2007

The more people I know, the more I like my dog

There's never a question of where you stand with dogs. They are the only creatures who can be regal and silly at the same time. If they like something, they'll lick it, chew it, paw at it, sleep on it, or hump it, and their intentions are pretty clear by their actions. If they don't like something, they'll snap at it or bite it, and their intentions are pretty clear by their actions. And you know where you stand in the hierarchy of dogs. If you're alpha, life is pretty sweet; if you're not, you accept it or fight like hell to change it. But there's no political jockeying for the hierarchy. Where you sit is where you stand in the dog world. Nothing is more than it seems.

In short, I wish people were more like dogs. I'm really frustrated by people. I'm continually amazed by and fall short of "professional politics" and I don't want to climb a corporate ladder. If I don't like something, I'll usually snap, or bite, and if I like something, well...you get the picture.

People suck. I want a job where I can do what I do best: hang out with, love on, and take care of dogs. This is why I love my grooming job. It gives me a little bit of my fix.

Brie, the little grey girl in lead above, is now in heat. Life's been crazy at the husky ranch lately, with all these hormonal huskies. I'll be glad when the brooding bitches settle down and things get back to normal around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!