Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Foxy!

I always tell the story, as it was told to me by Scarlet Hall, wife of Yukon Quest musher, Wayne Hall.

On the coldest night of the year in Eagle, Alaska, Foxy and her litter mates were born. It was -50 on December 28, 1995. Fifty degrees below zero.

She is now 14 years old.



Foxy is truly an inspiration. It might be a stretch to say this, but she has keen intuition. She reads people and situations. And she should: she led 950 miles of the Yukon Quest in 2002 for Wayne.

I tell the story often because I find it inspiring. She was made for the cold. With a thick, oily coat, she's in her element in the white stuff.

These days she lays on the sofa at the Lazy Husky Ranch, enjoying a much-deserved retirement. She is our kennel namesake. And she will always be an inspiration, for her keen insight and will.

Happy Birthday, Foxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!