Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain

I try hard to go with the flow when it comes to the weather. I am outside a lot, and have invested in the proper clothing to generally keep me comfortable no matter what Mother Nature brings.

But, I'm literally ready to flow down a small river - one that is running right down the middle of my kennel!

We have had so much rain, I feel like I live in Seattle instead of NE Ohio. At the time of this writing, it has rained, non-stop, for days. I appreciate a good storm or rainy day, don't get me wrong. But this is ridiculous. It just keeps raining...



and raining ...



and raining...



The dogs don't seem to mind.


Jack lounges in a small muddy hole he dug

In fact, I think they welcome the cooler temperatures. But I would seriously rather do kennel chores in six feet of unshoveled snow than in this incessant rain.

For the few hours it wasn't raining on Sunday, the family and I scooped up some dogs and headed for Kendall Cliffs for a rocky three mile hike in beautiful Virginia Kendall park in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.


I call this photo "Sophie and Elise: the album cover" because it looks like an album cover from the 70's to me! They're both so earthy and hip.

We hiked to ice box cave and enjoyed the temperature drop in the cave.



And I had a chance to marvel at what beautiful girls I have.



I am quite lucky to live this life. I count my blessings. And right now, I am counting my girls, who are turning 11 (Sophie) and 6 (Elise) tomorrow and Thursday respectively.

For their birthdays, soon we will get what we have waited a long time for. A sort of dream come true. This:



A little farmhouse on seven acres about 25 miles east of town. Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are adorable. I love that "album cover' photo. Great shots of the flowers and that gorgeous Jack. Thanks for your visit to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the house...looks like you all had a fun afternoon...i like th ealbum cover as well...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!