Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's always winter somewhere

It started snowing here today; I got over 20 miles in on my dogs this week. I have to admit, while I don't think I will ever be crazy enough to even want to compete in the Iditarod, it's always been something I've held in such high regard, from the time I worked at Frank's. Then it was this mythical thing I didn't understand; now I still don't understand it, but the myth is somewhat dispelled. The reality is it's unbelieveable and crazy scary. The feat of such an amazing marathon: over 1,100 miles of awesome tundra and rocky terrain, the teamwork of a person and their animals depending on each other. I'm so excited for this winter. I guess you begin at the beginning. My beginning is running my little team of dogs as much as I can, learning, listening and dreaming this dream.

It was 19 degrees and snowing here tonight, so, as only crazy people would, we spent the evening outside: we took the girls ice skating downtown. There is a holiday lights festival at Lock 3 Park, and all sorts of authentic German food and craft vendors and a carosel. The girls had fun. Here, Elise is pouting because we are taking skates off to leave. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments - I always love reading them! namaste!